Cs: Music Player
Your Media Library. Nothing else.
Developer: Mike Clay
Date of purchase: 28.12.2016 for 1.99 EUR (and occasionally «Tip 3» as In-app purchase, last on 02.02.2021)
Current purchase price: 2.99 EUR (definitely worth the app!)
In-app purchases only as a voluntary tip to support future developments!
- Tip 1: 2,99 EUR (symbolic for a coffee)
- Tip 2: 3,99 EUR (symbolic for a piece of pizza)
- Tip 3: 5,99 EUR (symbolic for a hot dog)
Rating: ***** 5 stars
Compatibility: Requires iOS 14.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
To use Cs Music, Apple's Music App must be installed.
Languages: German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian, Simplified Chinese
Cesium (Cs) is an anagram for (e-) m-u-s-i-c
- works automatically with your iTunes music collection
- classic design with tabs that can be rearranged
- full-width album art and landscape mode
- effective sorting and display options
- Info about the title, metadata & lyrics
- Display can be personalized with individual designs
Some quotes from App Store reviews:
- Like in old times! Awesome!
- Listen to music like in the past
- The reduced design is also a big plus point compared to Apple's meanwhile completely overloaded app.
- Best iPhone Music Player
- With Cesium I can finally access my music easily again
- Cesium brings back what Apple threw overboard
Conclusion: excellent Patch for Apple's Music App!
Apple desperately wanted to improve their initially very practical music app and only achieved the opposite. But they won't let you install a good alternative and simply delete Apple's inadequate product like other disappointing apps.
Music lovers who also use their smartphones as jukeboxes for extensive music collections would therefore actually have to give up iPhones if Apple did not tolerate alternative user interfaces for their apps …
Music lover and software developer Mike Clay has put an ingenious user interface on top of Apple's inadequate music app so that an iPhone can also be used as a high-end music system.
If you want to enjoy and manage your music collection without superfluous bells and whistles like in the old days, you definitely need this «patch» for Apple's music app!