Favourite Books & favourite Audio Books
Developer: Apple Distribution International
An integral part of the system since iOS 8
Rating: ***** 5 Stars
Compability: requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 5.0 (or higher)
Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
Languages: German and 32 others
Functionality: With Apple Books, you can use books and audiobooks directly on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Apple Watch.
Find bestsellers, classics and new authors. Just give the app a try:
- Choice: discover millions of new books and audiobooks in every category, including fiction, non-fiction, crime fiction, thrillers, romance, children's books, comics and more
- Book Store: look at the top charts and find weekly updated new releases, limited time offers and personal recommendations
- Audio books: discover great audio books read by actors, authors and other unforgettable voices
- free excerpts: preview and listen to books and audiobooks while browsing and download free excerpts - sometimes even before they are available elsewhere
- Reading List: keep track of books and audiobooks you want to read/listen to next by adding them to your "Reading List" collection
- Audio book app for Apple Watch: listen to your favourite audio books on your next hike, run or training session directly from your wrist
- customize your reading experience: choose from multiple fonts and legible page colors Use the automatic night mode and adjust the screen brightness to make reading comfortable for your eyes in the evening. Turn on scrolling view to move continuously through books instead of turning pages
Requirements and availability of the Store:
- the Book Store is available in many countries and regions The selection of available books may vary depending on the country or region
- loading content from the books app or iCloud requires an Apple ID and Internet access
- in order for books and PDF documents to be added to the books app from outside the Book Store, they must be DRM-free content
- some PDF documents may not be compatible with the books app
Advantages: Works the way you expect it to. Very clear menu navigation. Neither overloaded nor intrusive.
Disadvantages: None that stand out yet.
Conclusion: highly recommended
As an Amazon customer, the Kindle app could be mentioned as an alternative. However, it was programmed with the Facebook SDK, so it has the appropriate sniffing interfaces to market your reading habits and interests to the highest bidder. That's different from an app that evaluates the reading behaviour of the customer to be able to make book suggestions and not to gossip to third parties. At Apple, you are the customer, not the product!