Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max in long-term practical Test
- Reception characteristics with GSM and UMTS only average
- Apple's music app is impractical, so many customers use the Cesium Music Player
- switching to silent mode only with mechanical switch, that's really old-fashioned!
- Camera shutter release is much too loud and therefore annoying during screenshots (cannot be turned down!)
- no automatic location or time-dependent switching of ringtone volume possible (has been available for Android for 10 years)
- Memory not expandable via memory card slot
- not available with 1 TB storage
- Storage size suitable for everyday use and future-proof extremely expensive (at least 256 GB are a must due to lack of expandability!)
- No exchangeable battery – battery not easily exchangeable by the customer
- Release of the programming interface "Core NFC" grants only minimal access to the near field communication chip (1)
(1): Just one of many practical NFC applications that unfortunately cannot be used with the iPhone:
eTicket (local public transport season ticket) via the RMV app to check the expiry date of the ticket subscription.
Until Apple comes to its senses, this function is reserved for Android users. Even consumer protection in Canada is biting on granite.
Next page: Conclusion …